Pages

Monday, January 16, 2012

Potato Torta with Romesco Sauce

Power Foods Cookbook, page 16

There are a ton of egg recipes in these books! This is what I'm having for breakfast this week. Yum!

Potato Torta with Romesco Sauce
I left out the red pepper and almonds.
Slice the potatoes, then boil them.
Combining tomatoes and spices for romesco sauce.
Pureed.
Egg substitute with chives.
Browning the potatoes. I only did one side.
Egg mixture added.
1/5 of the torta with romesco sauce.

If made to recipe and split into 4 servings, this recipe is 4 PointsPlus. Since I'm cooking for one, I split this into 5 servings. The omission of almonds also reduced the PointsPlus value. When I added my altered recipe into Weight Watchers' Recipe Builder, I ended up with a main dish worth 2 PointsPlus. Add a slice of toast or fruit salad and this is a very tasty breakfast!

Shortcuts:
To save time, I only browned one side of the potatoes.

Substitutions:
None

Omissions:

Red pepper
Almonds

2 comments:

  1. great post! we made it but without the sauce, and instead used salsa. My hubby thinks it would be great with broccoli added, and I would love to try it with some spinach! the kids were still hungry after eating it, but at least they did eat it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're not missing anything with the sauce. I actually ended up not using it past the first day.

      Good suggestion on the spinach and broccoli!

      Delete