Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Macaroni and Cheese with Caramelized Onion

PointsPlus Cookbook, page 202

This is probably one of the better macaroni and cheese recipes I've ever made. I love the caramelized onions, too! Very yummy!



Macaroni and Cheese with Caramelized Onion


Bake onion.
Cook macaroni.
Combine noodles, milk mixture, and cheeses. I also added garlic.
Put in the pan. I added onions to the mixture as well.
Sprinkle onions on top. Bake.
Served here on top of steamed broccoli.


If made to recipe and split into 8 servings, this recipe is 7 PointsPlus. You could easily reduce the portion size if you wanted.

This is a very tasty meal, everyone in the house enjoyed it! You could add mushrooms right to the mixture before you bake it for more flavor. Serve this with any steamed veggie or side salad.

Shortcuts:

None

Substitutions 
(may affect PointsPlus value):
I boiled the noodles in reduced sodium chicken broth instead of water.
I used rotini instead of macaroni. The shape of the pasta holds more cheese.


Omissions:

None

No comments:

Post a Comment