Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Blueberry-Peach Yogurt Parfaits

PointsPlus Cookbook, page 28

I had a hankering for something like a yogurt parfait, so I definitely couldn't pass this up for my breakfasts this week.



Blueberry-Peach Yogurt Parfaits

Had to make do with frozen peaches.
Measuring the blueberries.
Combine blueberries, peaches, juice, and syrup.
Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer.
Once the peaches are softened, remove from heat and add vanilla. Let cool.
Alternate yogurt and mixture when serving.


If made to recipe and split into 4 servings, this recipe is 4 PointsPlus. I found the serving size to be satisfying, so I did not change it. 

This is a fantastic recipe for breakfast, snack, and even dessert. I'm pretty sure this will find its way onto a normal rotation with me. I think the only thing I'd change is the Greek yogurt. Fage tends to be on the sour side (think sour cream). I'll either find a milder yogurt or spend the PointsPlus on a vanilla-flavored one.

Shortcuts:

I used frozen, pre-sliced peaches

Substitutions 
(may affect PointsPlus value):
None - Though you could easily substitute with fruit and berries that are in season or that better suit your tastes.

Omissions:

None

No comments:

Post a Comment