Pages

Friday, January 20, 2012

Citrusy Carrot Salad with Green Olives

Power Foods Cookbook, page 249

I wanted something healthier than fries to go alongside the Southwest Turkey Burger. I admit I'm not the best at pairing flavors, this just sounded good to me.







Put spices and wet ingredients into a bowl.
Whisk together.
Add carrots, shallot, and olives.
Mix together and refrigerate.
Place on top of greens.


If made to recipe and split into 4 servings, this recipe is 3 PointsPlus. It's a very flavorful side dish that can easily stand alone if you add some protein. I really enjoyed this dish. Next time I might turn it into a broccoli and carrot salad (replacing the salad greens with broccoli slaw) and I'd probably remove the shallot. Overall, very tasty salad.

That lovely main dish you see is a Southwest Turkey Burger.

2 comments: