Pages

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Cappuccino Angel Food Cupcakes

PointsPlus Cookbook, page 280

These didn't quite turn out the way they were supposed to. You win some, you lose some.

Cappuccino Angel Food Cupcakes
Preheat oven and line muffin pans.
Beat egg whites (no peaks, sad).
Add cinnamon, cappuccino mix, and sugar.
Fold in flour and powdered sugar.
Fill muffin tins and bake.
Cool on a wire rack.
Top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.

If made to recipe and split into 12 servings, this recipe is 4 PointsPlus. I found the serving size to be satisfying, so I did not change it. 


As you can see in the photo, I had one heck of a time trying to get my egg whites to peak. I actually tried making the batter twice - once exactly as the recipe states and once adding the cinnamon and cappuccino mix along with the sugar. Neither worked quite well. I'm fairly sure it's because I was trying to do everything with my Kitchenaid since I don't own a hand mixer. I continued anyway figuring that they'd still taste pretty good, even if they weren't that fluffy.

The flavor isn't quite what I expected. It's very obviously angel food cake, but the cappuccino flavors are not as strong as I expected. It's quite good. Even though they turned out pretty tasty, I won't be making them again until I have a hand mixer.


Shortcuts:

None

Substitutions 
(may affect PointsPlus value):
None

Omissions:

None

No comments:

Post a Comment