Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Quick Gaspacho

Power Foods Cookbook, page 245

I needed something to go with the Quick Chicken Carnitas that my boyfriend chose for dinner. The photo in the book has this very yummy looking mango salad, but my impatience got the better of me and I decided not to dig for the recipe. I thought this Quick Gaspacho would be a delicious and filling replacement.


I have to apologize in advance for the lack of photos. This recipe only has two sentences worth of instructions which can be whittled down to: mix everything together, let it chill for 4 hrs.

Quick Gaspacho


Cutting up the cucumber.
Cutting up the onion.
Cutting up the jalapeno.
Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
Mix together and chill for 4 hrs.
Quick Gaspacho with Quick Chicken Carnitas.

If made to recipe and split into 4 servings, this recipe is 1 PointsPlus. This is an excellent side dish that is a quick go-to addition to any meal. Or make some for a low PointsPlus afternoon snack! With a 1.5 cup serving size, this is enough to fill you up!


That lovely main dish you see is Quick Chicken Carnitas.


I would likely make this again, but I would definitely blend the tomatoes with vegetable juice next time.

1 comment: