Pages

Friday, February 24, 2012

Maple-Almond Quinoa Muffins

Power Foods cookbook, page 206

I am not one who craves variety for breakfast, the resolution has sort of forced it on me. Now I'm always on the lookout for something yummy, but still worth the PointsPlus.

Maple-Almond Quinoa Muffins
Cook the quinoa.
Whisk the wet ingredients together. I added a dash of cinnamon, too.
Mix the dry ingredients together.
Add the dry mixture to the wet and mix until moist.
These don't rise very much, so fill the muffin tins higher than you normally would.
Maple-Almond Quinoa Muffins

If made to recipe and split into 12 servings, this recipe is 5 PointsPlus. I suppose you could split this into about 18 servings to cut down on the PointsPlus value, but I wouldn't recommend it. This serving size is satisfying.

I made these to be sort of a quick grab-and-go breakfast. Plus, it's using my new favorite food, quinoa (pronounced: keen-wa)! These have a pretty apparent quinoa flavor with a very mild sweetness from the maple syrup. The first one I ate, I put a little I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray on it. I'd definitely make these again. Very good.


Shortcuts:
None

Substitutions 
(may affect PointsPlus value):
None

Omissions:

None

1 comment: