Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Spicy Oven-Fried Drumsticks

Power Foods cookbook, page 125

If you like spicy things, be sure to give this a try. It really packs a punch! The boys kept going back for more. I used chicken breast strips instead of drumsticks.

Spicy Oven-Fried Drumsticks


Soak the chicken in the buttermilk.
Mix the dry ingredients together.
Coat the chicken with the breading mixture.
Spray lightly with nonstick spray and bake.
Spicy Oven-Fried Chicken with Tomato-Topped Corn Pudding

If made to recipe and split into 4 servings, this recipe is 5 PointsPlus. By using chicken strips instead of drumsticks, it was very easy to adjust the serving size to alter the PointsPlus value. These were so popular, I wouldn't recommend reducing the portion size.

This was a hit in our house, though it was a bit spicy for me. I have a pretty low tolerance for spicy foods. I'd definitely make it again, but maybe in two batches - spicy for the boys and mild for me. It's super quick and easy to make.


Shortcuts:

None

Substitutions 
(may affect PointsPlus value):
Chicken breast strips instead of drumsticks

Omissions:
None

No comments:

Post a Comment