Pages

Monday, February 20, 2012

Greek Chicken and Spinach Phyllo Pie

Power Foods cookbook, page 132

This is the main course I made in the first guest kitchen. This didn't quite match what I thought it would be when imagining how it would taste. It was still good, I just expected something more like the inside of a ravioli.

Greek Chicken and Spinach Phyllo Pie
Cook the chicken and onion. Add spices and cook until aromatic.
Add tomato sauce and cook until thickened.
Stir in spinach, feta, and egg whites.
Layer the phyllo dough and fill.
Cover and fold over the edges. Bake until golden brown.
Shredded Vegetable Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing and Greek Chicken and Spinach Phyllo Pie

If made to recipe and split into 6 servings, this recipe is 6 PointsPlus.

Though I mentioned earlier that the flavor wasn't quite what I expected, it was still a very delicious meal. If I were to make this again, I'd probably find a way to make it closer to what I expected.


Shortcuts:
None

Substitutions 
(may affect PointsPlus value):
None

Omissions:

None

No comments:

Post a Comment