Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Tomato-Topped Corn Puddings

PointsPlus Cookbook, page 218

I had very different expectations for this savory side dish. I have to apologize in advance for the photos. It's really just a bunch of different colored liquids.

Tomato-Topped Corn Pudding


Heat oil and cook flour until lightly browned.
Gradually whisk in milk. Cook until thickened.
Temper the egg and whisk in. Add corn, salt, and pepper.
Instead of custard cups, I used a square baking pan.
Tomato-Topped Corn Puddings with Spicy Oven-Fried Chicken

If made to recipe and split into 4 servings, this recipe is 3 PointsPlus. You could easily split this into 5-6 servings to reduce the PointsPlus value.

Don't make this recipe expecting something on the sweet side, like I did. This is a savory dish. The pudding itself didn't have much of a flavor, so the only time I tasted something was when I got pieces of corn. I'd love to work on this recipe to give it some more oomph. Maybe using creamed corn instead or dressing it up with some spices. Until I can figure that out, this is one I will not be making again.


Shortcuts:
None

Substitutions 
(may affect PointsPlus value):
None

Omissions:

None

No comments:

Post a Comment