Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Lamb Chops with Mushroom-Thyme Orzo

PointsPlus Cookbook, page 149

I tend not to like lamb and I think I picked it because I saw "chops" and thought of pork. This is a really easy and quick meal with few ingredients.

Lamb Chops with Mushroom-Thyme Orzo


Cook orzo and strain. Use fat-free chicken broth for more flavor.
Cook mushrooms and thyme.
Combine lemon zest, mushrooms, and thyme.
Season lamb chops with salt and pepper, then cook.
Lamb Chops with Mushroom-Thyme Orzo

If made to recipe and split into 4 servings, this recipe is 8 PointsPlus. You could easily split this into 5 servings to reduce the PointsPlus value. As you can probably tell, I didn't buy all of the lamb chops the recipe called for because they were too expensive at my local store. It's very easy to cut down on the portion sizes with this one.


As I mentioned earlier, I tend not to like lamb, but the flavors in this dish go so well together. This is a dish I'd definitely make again. Though I'd probably buy the lamb chops somewhere else. Not that they were bad, but the selection at my local store was terrible. I highly recommend this one!


Shortcuts:
None

Substitutions 
(may affect PointsPlus value):
None - Though I did cook the orzo in fat-free chicken broth for added flavor.

Omissions:

None

No comments:

Post a Comment