Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Blueberry Dutch Baby

Power Foods cookbook, page 23

I wanted to make a fun, yet kid-friendly breakfast while I was visiting my family. I had never had, much less made, a dutch baby before. Since it's basically just a giant pancake, I thought the kids would enjoy it.

Blueberry Dutch Baby

Place butter in the pie plate and heat in oven until the butter melts.
My guest chef hard at work mixing the milk, flour, egg, oil, and cinnamon.
Pour mixture into pie plate and sprinkle with blueberries.
Bake until it is puffed and lightly browned.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with a side of greek yogurt.

If made to recipe and split into 4 servings, this recipe is 5 PointsPlus. You could easily split this into 5-6 servings to reduce the PointsPlus value. I wouldn't recommend it because I can almost guarantee you'll be going back for more!

This was my first ever dutch baby experience. This recipe was so easy to make and the kids were able to "help." I absolutely loved the flavor and would make this again any time. So delicious!


Shortcuts:
None

Substitutions 
(may affect PointsPlus value):
None

Omissions:

None

No comments:

Post a Comment