Pages

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Chicken and Green Chile Stew

Power Foods cookbook, page 109

I was at my weekly Weight Watchers meeting and had to find something to make for dinner. I cracked open the cookbooks they had for sale and found this little gem.

Chicken and Green Chile Stew

Cook the chicken with the spices - cumin, salt, pepper.
Cut celery.
Cut onion.
Remove chicken and cook the celery, onion, and garlic until soft.
Add broth, potatoes, and chiles.
Return chicken to pan and heat through.
Chicken and Green Chile Stew

If made to recipe and split into 4 servings, this recipe is 6 PointsPlus. You could split this into 5-6 servings to reduce PointsPlus value, but I wouldn't recommend it. The serving size is just right as-is. Serve over rice or quinoa if you feel you need something more filling.

I really liked this recipe. If you've read my post about the Spicy Oven-Fried Drumsticks, you know that I don't do well with spicy. This has a perfect, mild spiciness to it. You can always kick it up a bit with spicier green chiles. It has a great flavor that works well together. I used sweet onions because they were on sale and I thought they balanced out the rest of the flavors well. I'd definitely make this again.


Shortcuts:
None

Substitutions 
(may affect PointsPlus value):
None

Omissions:

Red pepper

No comments:

Post a Comment