Pages

Monday, March 12, 2012

Broccoli-Potato Soup with Sharp Cheddar

PointsPlus Cookbook, page 68

Broccoli cheddar soup is fairly popular in our house and I've been dying to see how this recipe compares.

Broccoli-Potato Soup with Sharp Cheddar


Cook onion and garlic. I added ham as well.
Cut potato.
Add potato, broth, and water to the pot. Bring to a boil.
Add broccoli.
Pour batches of soup into a blender and puree.
Add cheddar. Stir until melted.
Broccoli-Potato Soup with Sharp Cheddar

If made to recipe and split into 4 servings, this recipe is 3 PointsPlus. What you see above is a double recipe. Since this type of soup is pretty popular in our house, I wanted to have extra! You could easily split this into 5-6 servings if you wanted to reduce the PointsPlus value.

As you can see, I added ham and doubled the cheese. I knew that this recipe would need a little something else for more flavor. Unfortunately, it didn't help. This is one of the few recipes that I wouldn't recommend. The texture was a little odd because of the potato. It also has a very strong broccoli flavor. Which isn't bad if you're a fan of broccoli, I just would've liked a little more than that.


Shortcuts:
None

Substitutions 
(may affect PointsPlus value):
None - I did add ham and doubled the cheese.

Omissions:

None

No comments:

Post a Comment